Monthly Study Skills Workshop
Click here to register for the next workshop.
Classroom Matters offers a free Study Skills Workshop once a month where students can get their questions answered in a conversational, open atmosphere designed to give them real solutions to challenge areas – solutions that they can implement in their classes right away.
As a student, they are expected to do their homework, prepare for tests, take notes, and keep up with assignments. Often, however, school feels hard because one or more of these areas is underdeveloped. Classroom Matters addresses these concerns by helping your student find answers to questions about how to study.
These workshops address, among other topics:
- Note-taking: different techniques for different classes to make note taking easy and effective
- Test-taking: strategies that address test preparation and minimize test anxiety
- Organization/planning: how to keep up with classes, assignments, and keep parents off your back
- Learning preferences: learn how you learn best, and new approaches to make studying work for you
This workshop will benefit middle school and high school students. We encourage your student to bring a friend, but be sure to RSVP below so we can reserve your spot. Maximum 15 students; space is limited.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get reminders about upcoming workshops.
DATES & TIMES
Classroom Matters Free Study Skills Workshop is offered once a month on Thursdays from 7:00-8:00pm.
Thursday, September 14: Metacognition: Learning PreferencesCANCELLED Thursday, October 19: Habits of Successful Students
- Thursday, November 16: Time Management Strategies
- Thursday, January 11: Final Exam Preparation
- Thursday, February 15: Habits of Successful Students
- Thursday, March 15: Time Management Strategies
- Thursday, May 17: Final Exam Preparation