Monthly Study Skills Workshop
Classroom Matters a free Study Skills Workshop once a month where students can get their questions answered in a conversational, open atmosphere designed to give them real solutions to challenge areas – solutions that they can implement in their classes right away.
As a student, they are expected to do their homework, prepare for tests, take notes, and keep up with assignments. Often, however, school feels hard because one or more of these areas is underdeveloped. Classroom Matters addresses these concerns by helping your student find answers to questions about how to study.
These workshops address, among other topics:
- Note-taking: different techniques for different classes to make note taking easy and effective
- Test-taking: strategies that address test preparation and minimize test anxiety
- Organization/planning: how to keep up with classes, assignments, and keep parents off your back
- Learning preferences: learn how you learn best, and new approaches to make studying work for you
This workshop will benefit middle school and high school students. We encourage your student to bring a friend, but be sure to RSVP below so we can reserve your spot. Maximum 15 students; space is limited.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get reminders about upcoming workshops.
RSVP below for our May Workshop!
DATES & TIMES
Classroom Matters Free Study Skills Workshop is offered once a month on the following Thursday evenings from 7 to 8pm. Scheduled dates for the 2016-17 school year are as follows:
September 15th – Learning Preferences October 20th – Habits of Successful Students November 17th – Time Management January 12th – Final Exam Prep February 16th – Habits of Successful Students March 16th – Time Management April 20th – Standardized Test Prep
- May 18th – Final Exam Prep