- Demystify the test
- Review pertinent content area
- Learn test taking strategies
- Establish realistic goals for score improvement
- They are teachers of a variety of subjects.
- They know kids and know how to relate to them.
- They are smart, and have attended the nation’s top colleges.
- They have been trained in teaching methods and learning preferences.
- They know everything there is to know about the test.
- We know the SAT, the ACT and the SAT IIs — their differences and similarities — in addition to the HSPT, ISEE, and SSAT.
- We have many years of standardized test experience.
- We will explain every aspect of your test so that you can understand it.
Our tailoring and flexibility
- Our program recognizes the differences among students and provides a program that fits you.
- We understand the college admissions process and help you match your standardized tests to your overall goals.
- We consult with students and parents throughout the process to make sure we understand you and your goals.
- We offer programs of different length to accommodate students with differing needs.
Program details and pricing
Private sessions are $90 per hour, 90 minute sessions are $135. Group rates are available for groups of different sizes.
A family may purchase a program for a specific area of the test, or for all areas. Individual students vary in their needs and pacing.
For more information, please email or call Classroom Matters: (510) 540-8646.
“I had Sina as a tutor for ACT prep. He was amazing and pushed me really hard. I am happy with my results and never thought I could make it that far. His help was much appreciated.”
-Meriam, BHS Student
“Classroom Matters really delivered. I usually don’t give praise unless I truly feel it is deserved. We had already tried a couple of tutoring places for SAT help. We liked that Classroom Matters took the time to sit down and get to know our child and diagnose what the challenges were. Both tutors helped her identify areas where she needed to work and taught her much needed strategies. She felt a lot more confident going in this time around, knowing how to tackle the test. We still do not know her scores but we know she gained valuable skills. Even if she decides to take the test again she now knows how to take the test more efficiently. Thank you so much for offering quality tutoring.”
“My son worked with your talented tutors both at your center and our home to prepare for the HSPT test. He was very comfortable working with your team and the kindness and patience was a great benefit to his learning style.”
“My son got his HSPT scores and they qualified him for a merit scholarship to Bishop O’Dowd High School. We are so thrilled and grateful and wanted to thank you for all your help. He scored a 99% on the math, quant and language, and 94% on the verbal and reading sections. As you may recall, his verbal and reading scores were very low before working with you! You helped him better understand the test and figure out how to approach it given the way he thinks.
Thank you so much for your help. We are grateful for Classroom Matters!”
-Future BOD Parent
“I wanted to write and thank you again on behalf of my daughter and myself for all your support while she prepared for her admissions exams. I am very happy to report that she raised her score in Reading Comprehension a full 30 percentage points, and raised her Math score by 20 points. Wow! This afternoon, we learned that she was accepted into her first choice high school. We are thrilled.
Though she had excellent grades and a very strong application, I truly believe she would not have been able to attend the school of her choice without the test preparation work she did with you. You helped her hone her skills, develop effective strategies, and increase her confidence. What’s more, she now has a very strong skill set to launch her successfully into her rigorous high school. We are truly grateful!”
-Very Happy Parent
Online ISEE and PSAT Practice Exams
Classroom Matters, in partnership with Test Innovators, offers our clients discounted, online ISEE and PSAT practice exams.
These full-length tests can be taken on a computer or printed for manual completion. Once submitted, students will receive a detailed score report, including error analysis and timing feedback.
Use these diagnostic exams to determine if your student needs test preparation; as a benchmark to establish realistic score-improvement goals; and/or as tool to assess test-prep progress.
Once you know where your student stands, you can more easily determine what kind of support is needed: ongoing individual, targeted support or a comprehensive workshop.
Single practice exam: $75
Two practice exams: $100
To register, please contact Tatiana or call 540-8646 (M-F from 12-7pm) with your payment information.