Why do we offer college coaching?
- Figuring out what to do after high school is a major decision for students.
- Choosing and applying to colleges can be stressful and overwhelming.
- With so much information out there, it’s often hard to tell what’s right for you.
What makes our approach different?
- You work one-on-one with a knowledgeable, caring tutor at CM.
- Our focus is nurturing, holistic, and student-centered.
- We know about the available opportunities for students of all academic levels and interests.
- We work with each student to create and achieve individualized college goals.
- Our process aims to reduce anxiety and stress.
- We motivate students to take the lead in their college search process.
- We empower students to enjoy planning for their own future.
What will you do with your college coach?
Please keep in mind that you are unique, so the services we provide will look similar to the ones below, but will be customized for your needs.
- Review current coursework and extracurricular activities.
- Develop academic and out-of-class plans for college.
- Learn how to find “good-fit” colleges that match your individual goals.
- Plan for the SATs and ACTs.
- Learn about financial aid options and scholarships.
- Receive guidance through the application process, essays, and interviews.
- Improve your organizational skills and develop application timelines.
- Get referrals for additional academic and test-prep support.
For more information, please email or call Classroom Matters: (510) 540-8646.