After-school homework support with a healthy dose of study skills
Classroom Matters offers its signature service: Supervised Study℠. We provide a supportive, structured environment to help students with the daily responsibilities of homework and study habits.
- Sessions run daily: Monday-Thursday 4:00-6:00pm.
- Sessions are supervised by experienced and trained supervisors (who also tutor) at our center.
- Friendly accountability helps students remain on track and get help when needed.
- Resources include high speed internet access, a bank of computers, and a library of books and textbooks.
- Healthy snacks (available for purchase) and comfortable couches and chairs help keep the environment inviting and relaxing.
- Flexible scheduling. Have a question? Drop in and get an answer!
How it works
- Students are greeted by one of our fabulous tutors, who help them settle in for an afternoon of productive studying.
- Using CM’s own interactive planner, tutors do a class-by-class inventory of what is due and when, what tests students need to prepare for and what projects they need to work on.
- Tutors help students to develop a game plan for how they will spend their time, teaching time management strategies and helping students to prioritize their work.
- Students are encouraged to use their planners, log on to school web sites such as PowerSchool and Schoology, and to be accountable for their own learning.
- Tutors check-in regularly to answer questions, monitor progress, check work and facilitate well-earned breaks.
- Students leave having completed all (or most) of their work and feeling good about their efforts.
- $80 weekly, for unlimited access
- $30 for daily drop in
While some students choose to come to Classroom Matters for Supervised Study only, many of our clients use it in conjunction with individual tutoring sessions once or twice a week.
For more information, please email or call Classroom Matters: (510) 540-8646.