Classroom Matters offers an elementary-grades afterschool program for Berkeley and Albany Unified Schools, plus Harding Elementary in El Cerrito.
Our afterschool program is held in St. Alban’s church at the corner of Washington and Curtis in Albany. It’s a large, beautiful, open hall space with a kitchen and a small stage. The kids also spend quite a bit of time at Memorial Park, which is where you can find them on Wednesdays – after they’ve done their homework and reading, of course!
The program is available Monday through Friday from 12:45-6:30pm.
Our program includes:
- Homework supervision and daily reading time – let us handle the stallling and excuses, you focus on connecting with your kids!
- Enrichment activities such as strategy games, building with Legos, dance parties, and more
- Games, arts and crafts, and outdoor play, lots of outdoor play
- Cooking, yoga, and music
The program does not have a religious component. However, we occasionally partner with the rector of St. Alban’s, Reverend Julie Wakelee-Lynch, to participate in community-involvement activities that focus on increasing the kids’ awareness of the world around them and how they can positively contribute.
Pricing and other information:
- Kinder: $42 per day
- 1st-5th: $40 per day
- Sibling and full-week attendance discounts are available
- Student-to-teacher Ratio: About 9:1
- We work with differently-abled kids and also with students with LDs.
To find out more about the program, or to schedule a visit at St. Alban’s, please contact Tatiana.